ARAŞTIRMA DOSYALARI


Background



The
Old Post Office Pavilion


The Old Post
Office Pavilion, historically known as the Old Post Office and Clock Tower,
located at 1100 Pennsylvania Avenue NW in Washington, D.C. was completed in
1899, and is a contributing property to the Pennsylvania Avenue National
Historic Site.


It was used
as the city’s main post office until 1914. It functioned primarily as an office
building afterward, and was nearly torn down during the construction of the
Federal Triangle complex in the 1920s.


It was
nearly demolished again in the 1970s to make way for completion of the Federal
Triangle. Major renovations occurred in 1976 and 1983. The 1983 renovation
added a food court and retail space and the building was renamed the Old Post
Office Pavilion. An addition was added to the structure in 1991.


In 2013, the
U.S. General Services Administration leased the property for 60 years to a
consortium headed by “DJT Holdings LLC”, a holding company owned by Donald J.
Trump through a revocable trust.


Trump
developed the property into a luxury hotel, Trump International Hotel
Washington, D.C. which opened in September 2016.


The Photographs


 GSA
Photos of Trump Hotel, Washington DC/Old Post Office Building Ceremonial
Occasions – 2014, 2015 and 2016
[27 Pages, 4.6MB]







Special Thanks



Wikipedia
for background information.

Bir cevap yazın

E-posta hesabınız yayımlanmayacak. Gerekli alanlar * ile işaretlenmişlerdir